Purchase a Laptop or iPad with NextOne
When it comes to upgrading your laptop or iPad, the NextOne Program is available to help you secure the lowest price for your new device.
What is the NextOne Program?
FibreWire Smart Internet and Home Bundle subscribers are eligible to take advantage of the NextOne Program, which provides discounts on the devices you need to stay connected. The longer you maintain your services with One, the larger the discounts you will receive on your favourite devices.
How does the NextOne Program Work?
- When you purchase a device on the NextOne Program, you receive a discount which is applied to the Retail Price of the device. The value of the discount depends on the service plan you subscribe to at the time of purchase
- The value of the NextOne Discount you receive becomes the NextOne Balance. This balance is what you would need to pay back if you decide to upgrade to another device or cancel your service
- For as long as you maintain your service subscription, you never make a monthly payment towards the NextOne Balance. We (One) will pay down your NextOne Balance on your behalf each month until it reaches $0. This takes place over 24 or 36 months, depending on the options you choose while purchasing the device.
- At any time and for any reason, you can decide to pay off the remaining, decreased NextOne Balance. You might do this in order to upgrade to your next device on the NextOne Program, or you might want to cancel your service subscription entirely.
- This means you can upgrade your device as often as you want, and always save money. To maximize your savings, simply keep your subscription service active until the NextOne Balance reaches $0, and then feel free to start again with a new device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this program lock me into a long term contract?
- No. At any time and for any reason, you can decide to pay off your remaining, decreased NextOne Balance. The balance owed depends on how long you have been on the NextOne Program.
- Even if you decide to leave after 3 months, you will have saved money on your device!
- You purchase a $1,200 Laptop on the NextOne Program, with the 24 month (standard) option
- You subscribe to FibreWire 350, which is eligible for a $1,000 NextOne Discount
- You pay $200 for the Laptop up front, and your NextOne Balance is $1,000
If you decide to cancel your FibreWire Internet service after…
- 6 months (18 remaining) – The balance will have reduced to $750, so you will have saved $250 overall
- 12 months (12 remaining) – The balance will have reduced to $500, so you will have saved $500 overall
- 18 months (6 remaining) – The balance will have reduced to $250, so you will have saved $750 overall
- 24 months (0 remaining) – Balance is $0! Time for a new Laptop, or TV, or Tablet!
What are the different "term" options, and what do they mean?
The NextOne Program comes with 2 “term” options:
Standard = 24 months: The NextOne Balance is paid down by One over a period of 24 months
- This is a good option for customers who want to upgrade their devices more often because the NextOne Balance reduces at a faster rate. This option is also best for lower-cost devices.
Premium = 36 months: The NextOne Balance is paid down by One over a period of 36 months
- This option comes with a significantly larger NextOne Discount and is used mainly for high-cost devices or devices that don’t need to be upgraded as often.
How is the NextOne Balance Calculated?
On the day you purchase the device on the NextOne Program, the value of the discount you receive becomes your NextOne Balance
Each month that you maintain the related service subscription, One pays down your NextOne Balance by an equal amount. This amount is the total NextOne Balance divided by the term (24 or 36 months) chosen during the device purchase.
Example 1: $750 NextOne Balance on the 24 month term option
- One pays down the balance each month by $750 / 24 = $31.25
Example 2: $1,000 NextOne Balance on the 36 month term option
- The balance reduces each month by $1,000 / 36 = $27.78
Do I need a credit card to sign up?
Yes, we need to have a valid credit card on record. Please bring a valid credit card and ID to make any postpaid-related purchases. The name on the valid ID must match the name on the credit card.
Can I use my NextOne Discount to purchase multiple devices?
Yes. However, you can only apply your NextOne Discount against a single transaction. The NextOne Discount cannot be applied towards multiple transactions completed at different times.
Purchasing 2 laptops on the same day, apply the discount to the total
Purchasing 2 laptops on separate days, apply a partial discount to the first transaction, but not the second.