Set Up a Geo-Fence
A Geo-Fence uses your mobile device’s location (with you) as a basis to create security and automation rules.
Using the SmartHome website:
- From the left side menu, click Settings
- Click Geo-Services
- In Geo-Fences, click + Add a Fence
- The center of the fence defaults to the system’s installation address. To move the fence location, perform either of the following:
- Click and drag the location marker on the map.
- Enter a specific address in the Move fence location to field and click the arrow icon.
- In the Fence Name field, enter a name for the Geo-Fence.
- To adjust the radius, either click and drag the Geo-Fence anchors on the map overlay, or enter the desired radius in the Radiusfield (in miles).
Note: The minimum Geo-Fence radius is 1 mile (1.6 kilometers).
- Click Save.
Using the SmartHome app:
- Tap Menu icon and choose Geo-Services.
- Toggle Geo-Services to ON.