One works diligently to ensure the best possible coverage on the island. Having said that, there may be pockets where coverage is not the best. Mobile providers around the world share the same challenge. If you experience poor signal or no signal, kindly note the number of bars you seen on your screen display and the locations where this occurs so we can best assist you when you call us at 700-7000. If the issue occurs only in specific locations then the issue is related to the location as opposed to your mobile device or SIM card.
No Signal or SOS Message on Screen Display
If you see this message at the top of your screen display, it could mean any of the following:
- Loss of connectivity to the network due to location
- Necessary refresh of your mobile profile on our network
- Damaged SIM card
- SIM card setting. Our SIM cards have a feature that automatically tells your phone to connect to our local network or an overseas network with one of our roaming partners.
How to Troubleshoot
1. Power your mobile device off for 1 minute then power it back up again. You can also turn Airplane or Flight mode on, wait, then turn it off again.
Both will refresh your mobile profile on our network.
2. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, remove the SIM card, wait and then reinsert it.
3. Still see No Signal or SOS? Let’s check your SIM card settings.
On your mobile device, you will see an app called CellOne Application. Normally this is a white icon with a small gold SIM card.
If you don’t see the app, search for it.
Tap the icon
4. Choose Roaming Setting. This application tells your SIM to connect to a local One tower or, if you’re roaming, one of our direct roaming partner carriers overseas.
5. Enter the PIN 0770
6. You should see an asterisk beside CELLONE IMSI. If the asterisk is beside another setting, choose CELLONE IMSI then check your screen display and signal bars.
If this hasn’t resolved the issue, please call 700-7000, press 3 then 2 to speak with a friendly One representative.