COMBAT COVID UPDATE #11 - Final Call for COVID -19 Impact Registration - June 4, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Resumption of Normal Payment Policies
Starting July 1, 2020, One Communications will be reinstating normal payment and disconnect policies. If you have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are unable to make payments on your accounts, you must register your details online at www.onecomm.bm to avoid service interruption and late fees. If you have not registered your accounts before June 30, 2020, service suspension and late fees will result from non-payment of overdue account balances.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #10 - Retail Operations -
May 20, 2020 Updated May 28, 2020
Retail services will resume under the guidelines provided by the Government for Phase 2 as of May 27, 2020
Please note the following operational and safety protocols beginning Saturday, May 30, 2020:
Retail Store Locations and Hours of Operation
Washington Mall, Church St., Hamilton – open Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm
St. George’s – closed
Heron Bay – closed
Safety, Services and Customer Shopping Days
All customers are required to wear a mask when entering the store and/or interacting with our staff for curbside pick-up.
Social distancing measures will continue while queuing outside the store. Sidewalk decals are in place to guide you.
A maximum of 3 customers will be allowed in the retail store at any time. A staff member and/or security guard will be in place to assist our customers at the Church St. entrance.
Customers are encouraged to continue using our Curbside service to avoid waiting in line. If you require troubleshooting assistance with any of your devices, please contact our Customer Care Centre at 700.7000 for help. Note: Curbside service collections take place at our 30 Victoria Street location.
Shopping days for in-store retail assistance will be available for all customers as of Saturday, May 30, 2020. The alphabet system has been removed.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #9 - COVID-19 Impact Registration Window Extended - May 18, 2020
We would like to advise that our COVID-19 Impact registration window has been extended to May 31, 2020.
If your household has experienced a recent loss of employment or significant income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot currently pay for One Communications’ services, we strongly encourage you to register here. It is important that we receive your information prior to May 31, 2020, to avoid late fee charges from being added to your account.
For small businesses that have not yet registered, please do so through our online form. Registering will extend our zero late fee policy past June 1, 2020.
For your reference, the Regulatory Authority defines small businesses as:
A Bermudian-owned and Bermudian owner-operated business enterprise with either:
(i) A maximum of ten (10) full-time employees; or
(ii) Gross annual sales of less than $1,000,000 (one million dollars); or
(iii) An annual payroll of less than $500,000 (five hundred thousand dollars), as evidenced by providing the most recent quarterly payroll tax filing.
To receive this continuing benefit, small businesses that have experienced a loss of employment or significant income as a result of COVID-19 can register here.
If you do not demonstrate COVID-19 impact by registering, effective June 1st, normal payment terms will resume, including late payment fee policies and possible disconnection of services for non-payment.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #8 - Curbside Service is Now Available -
May 6, 2020 Updated May 26, 2020
Are you in need of a...
- New mobile phone, NextOne Smartphone upgrade, or a replacement SIM?
- Internet modem, or OneBox Media Player replacement?
Or perhaps you'd like to add services as an...
- Existing FibreWire TV customer looking to add our FibreWire Smart Internet or OneHome WiFi mesh services
- Existing FibreWire Internet customer wanting to add our FibreWire TV service
We can help! Simply follow these instructions to complete your request.
Step 1 - Contact our Customer Care team by calling 700.7000 and select the service option best suited to your query.
Step 2 - Our team will advise if we can fulfill your request using our curbside service or if an alternative arrangement may be needed.
Step 3 - If a curbside order has been confirmed, you will receive a call from our team advising when your request is ready for collection.
All curbside service requests must be prearranged.
Social Distancing measures are in full effect for everyone's safety - face masks must be worn during all interactions with our staff, and maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart in our queuing area is required.
Collections may only take place once confirmation has been provided.
Any payment transaction, if required, will be completed over the phone. Card transactions only at this time.
All curbside service requests may be collected at our 30 Victoria St., Hamilton location from Monday to Saturday upon receiving order confirmation with a specific date and time for pick-up.
PAYMENT CENTRE INFO:
Our Payment Centre at 30 Victoria St., Hamilton is now open from 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. Access to the cashiers continues to fall in line with the government's social distancing protocols. Please take note of the queuing area out front, maintain a distance of 6 feet apart, and wear your masks. Customer must be wearing a mask to receive service.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #7 – FREE On Demand Kids programming, reduced rental rates on New Releases, and more – Updated May 26, 2020
On Demand includes FREE Kids programming! We've also lowered rental prices
for the month of April till the end of June - New Releases have been reduced to $4.50 (from 5.99), and a wide range of Library titles for only $2.00 (from 3.99).
Customers who subscribe to both FibreWire TV & Internet can access our On Demand service by pressing the Home button on their FibreWire TV remote control, then scroll down to select the 'On Demand' tile displayed on-screen. Access movies and series for the whole family!
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #6 – Our Prepaid Plans are Giving Customers More Mileage – March 27, 2020
If you’re one of our valued prepaid customers and you love data, we’ve given the following plans a temporary boost:
$3 Daily Data Pack now gives you double the amount of data. You’ll now receive 200MB on your next top-up. Dial (*777*1#) to activate.
$15 14-Day Pack also gives you double the amount of data. You’ll now receive 1GB with your next top-up. Dial (*777*12#) to activate.
Customers just getting started can call us at 700.7000 to speak to a Customer Care rep who will ensure your Prepaid Data Pack is activated. For these and other prepaid plan options, visit https://onecomm.bm/shop/mobile/plans/prepaid.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #5 - Need help with your home services? We are here for you. - March 26, 2020
Maybe you’re an existing One home internet, TV or phone customer looking to report an issue or you’re interested in a new service installation. Either way, we are here to take your call, fix your issue over the phone if we can or arrange a home appointment if that’s what’s needed. Call 700 7000 to speak to one of our care agents who are ready to get you connected.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, One has put in place the following additional procedures in order to protect you and our field technicians:
- Over the phone our agents will ask if anyone in the home is known to be infected by the virus, is under quarantine or is exhibiting symptoms. If you meet any of these criteria your appointment will be scheduled to a later date.
- When our technicians arrive at your home they will reconfirm the above information and that it is ok to enter your home. They will require that strict social distancing practices be adhered to when they are inside and will follow specific hygiene and cleaning steps.
- In certain cases, our technicians may decide not to enter your home and if your service issue is still unresolved you will be informed by our technician as to the next steps.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #4 – More FREE Channels for FibreWire TV Customers - March 24, 2020
We're adding the Discovery Group of Channels, OWN TV, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel, and DIY – FREE to all FibreWire TV customers beginning March 25th until April 30th, 2020.
This news comes on the heels of the essential News and Children’s programming currently being provided as part of our #CombatCOVID initiatives. We hope you all enjoy the programming.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #3 – Retail & Payment Centre Closures - March 23, 2020
Temporary Retail Store & Payment Centre Closures
In accordance with the government mandate, all of our Retail store locations and Payment Centre are now closed until further notice as an additional measure to prevent the spreading of COVID-19.
Customer Care for residential and business services will remain available by:
Residential Call Centre - 700.7000
One Business Support - 700.7300
Online Chat Feature - www.onecomm.bm. Click the speech bubble on the bottom right corner of the home page.
Residential Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
One Business - email@example.com
For payments, please use any of our automated or electronic options. Please note that access to our payment kiosks has been updated.
Kiosk Locations - Updated April 27, 2020
Victoria St. Payment Centre – external kiosk is available 24/7
Heron Bay – now available
St. George’s – unavailable as of Monday, March 23rd
Church St., Hamilton – Unavailable as of Monday, March 23rd
REMINDER: We strongly recommend using cards or automated payment options to complete payment transactions. Please remember to wash your hands, especially when handling cash.
Stay safe and healthy.
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #2 – March 21, 2020
Revised. Please see Update #5
COMBAT COVID UPDATE #1 - Support Initiatives for Customers - March 19, 2020
One Communications is working to help Bermuda combat COVID-19 by keeping everyone connected, with friends, family, and the outside world. With drastic changes in lifestyles being forced upon us, our team has kicked into high gear to bring some added relief to you, our valued customers. Our comprehensive package of benefits takes effect on Monday, March 23, unless noted otherwise, for a period of time still to be determined. The Company reserves the right, with or without notice, to remove some or all of the stated benefits at their discretion or as directed by the appropriate government body.
Details for these initiatives are outlined below.
FibreWire Internet Gets a Boost
Customers on FibreWire Internet plans will be boosted at no additional cost to a minimum download speed of 50Mbps. This increase allows for multiple users in the home to be online simultaneously, the streaming of HD video content, and more. To activate the speed boost, please reboot your modem by unplugging it from the power outlet, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in.
All customers will continue to be billed according to their current internet plan subscriptions. FibreWire customers subscribing to plans faster than 50Mbps will not have their speeds changed.
More to Watch
Now that you may be working from home, and the kids are there with you, News and Kids shows might be the mainstays of your life. For this reason, One is including additional channels from these select genres on all FibreWire TV packages at no additional charge.
Keeping You ‘On’ (Section revised as of March 25, 2020)
We’re pressing ‘pause’ on disconnections due to non-payment of account balances, effective immediately. All services – Mobile, Internet, TV, and Home Phone – will remain active. Services will not be interrupted for late or non-payments and we are waiving all associated late fees for any *Consumer or Small Business that demonstrates a recent loss of employment or significant income which affects their ability to pay for services due to the COVID-19 pandemic without offsetting (full or partial) Government or other agency support. For those customers not financially impacted by the pandemic, normal payment terms continue to apply.
Please note that:
- Customers that were already deactivated for non-payment as of midnight on March 18, 2020, are not eligible to have service reinstated.
- Billing for monthly plan subscriptions, prorate adjustments and all usage-based services including but not limited to overages on plan allotments, roaming, long distance and On Demand Video purchases, will continue.
- Only Late Payment Fees are being waived. Penalties or other fees associated with but not limited to the cancellation of contracts for devices or services are not being waived and these will be charged to customers’ accounts when they are incurred in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- The discontinuation of service(s) remains subject to the details outlined in your Terms of Service as found on our website once disconnections due to non-payment and late fees are reinstated.
*As specified in the Regulatory Authority (COVID-19) Emergency General Determination 2020 effective 24 March 2020.
For Prepaid customers, the 90-day expiry of account balances has also been suspended immediately.
We ask all customers to continue payments for their accounts remotely using any of the convenient payment methods set out below:
- My Account Portal – Register your accounts at my.onecomm.com to our secure online account management tool. View your invoices, and complete credit card payments that post directly to your account without delay.
- MyOne App – Download our app for both iOS and Android devices. Search for ‘My One Self Care’ in the Apple Store, and ‘My One’ in Google Play.
- Auto-Debit Payments – Contact our Customer Care Centre to add this detail to your account(s) for convenient, automatic monthly payments. Dial 700-7000 for assistance.
- Customer Care – Dial 700.7000 to pay with a debit/credit card using our automatic payment system.
- Online Banking – Set up One Communications Ltd. as the vendor, then enter your account number. Once this has been completed, payments may be transferred. Please allow approximately 3 business days for the transaction to post to your One Communications account.
- Kiosks – Even though our kiosks are available to process cash payments, we encourage all customers to use the alternatives listed above. This will strongly aid with the prevention of spreading the virus. As a reminder, we have increased our efforts by cleaning the kiosks. Limiting usage will also be helpful.
As changes occur, we will respond accordingly and keep you up to date. Please continue to follow our social networks for notifications on Facebook and Instagram using our handle @onecommbda, as well as our Community Channel (Channel 1).
Stay healthy Bermuda.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Protocols in Effect - March 16, 2020
One Communications continues to monitor updates from global and national health authorities, seen below, regarding the spread and prevention of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Bermuda Government https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus
Prevention tactics are of the utmost importance at this time. One Communications has enacted the following protocols to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike:
- Restrictions on business travel for both our employees and any visitors to our offices
- Discourage employee personal travel to all high-risk areas and require reporting to the company if this has happened
- Reporting by employees if they believe they have come into contact with high-risk individuals so that appropriate action can be taken e.g. self-quarantining
- Distributed hand sanitizer and additional sanitizing wipes around our stores and offices
- Increased the frequency of disinfection across all of our surfaces, including door handles, desk and countertops, devices & equipment
- Incorporated the use of disinfectant wipes when handling equipment in our stores and customer's homes
- Commenced implementation of remote working for our non-customer-facing employees
- Implemented new safety protocols for our field technicians while conducting work at homes and businesses
- Enacted social distancing, and a safe distance to communicate with customers as prescribed by the CDC
Knowing that our business involves constant, face-to-face interaction with the public, we encourage all customers to consider the following:
- Avoid cash transactions in-store whenever possible
- Be proactive when interacting with our staff by advising if any family or other household member is in quarantine
- Online bill payments
- Sign up for auto-debit payments
- For residential enquiries or service plan changes, consider going online at www.onecomm.bm by completing a form or using our chat feature, or by calling 700.7000
- For One Business support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or dial 700.7300
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust our plans when needed. Major updates will be posted to this page. Announcements of these updates will also be made through our main social media feeds, Facebook and Instagram, as well as our Community Channel (Channel 1).
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.