Troubleshooting HomePhone-You can do it!
I’m not getting a dial tone on my OneHome Phone service.
We recommend performing the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure your phone is plugged into the phone port on your modem.
- Check if your FibreWire Internet connection is working properly.
- If your Internet service is not working properly, please unplug your modem from the power outlet for about 1 minute then plug it back in.
- Ensure all cables are securely plugged in and verify that you have dial tone once you have restored Internet connectivity.
- If your phone is still not functional after performing these actions, please call 700-7000 for further assistance.
I can’t make long distance calls.
- Do you subscribe to a home phone long distance plan?
- Yes-> Are you using the correct dialing sequence? E.g. Calls to the U.S. or Canada 1 + area code + phone number
- Yes-> Make note of the numbers you dialed then call us at 700-7000 to speak with a friendly One representative.
- No-> Call 700-7000 to sign up for a long distance plan. View our Home Long Distance plans here.
- Are you using the correct dialing sequence?
- Different countries have different overseas calling sequences. Click here to verify the country calling code.
I can make calls but I can’t receive them or I can receive calls but I can’t make them.
Have you recently requested to port your landline number to One? If the other carrier has not yet completed the transfer, you can experience issues.
Make note of the numbers you can’t call or receive calls from then call 700-7000 to speak with a friendly One representative.